In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

temper tantrum

I'm trying really hard not to be in a bad mood.

I really am.

And I don't like to complain about the weather.

But I'm going to.

I like September, truly I do. It is likely the most spectacular months in the state of Maine, with it's charming chilly mornings, ridiculously sunny and sparkly days, crisp apples and pies and cider, the Indian summer that lets us have one last feel of-

And see, that is where I get stopped. NO! I am not ready for summer to be over! I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that we had four weeks of summer this year. No, no, no! (Picture me with feet stomping, lip pushed out.) I am not ready for firewood and sweaters, sleeping with the windows closed and saying goodbye to the beach, trading jeans for bikinis and sending my child back to preschool, now one year closer to kindergarten.

I am on strike!!

No fall.

Please rewind August. Just this once?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I AM with you 365 ways to Sunday Ms. Carver!!!
= D

 
Site Meter