In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

33...not so bad, not so bad at all

Ella was the official cake decorator of Sandi's brainstorm to make me an extraordinary birthday cake (yes, I think I do remember saying something about not wanting a boring old box cake.)

So very serious...






























The result? Red Velvet perfection.














And then off to Schoodic for a birthday party and a two night stay!


















We had friends and family, food and fun, cake and pina coladas and sun, sun, sun!





I think they were pretending to be fish and Brady was the fisherman.











Biscotti and fresh fruit.











The day started out with an early morning kayak ride, breakfast on the beach, and then playing all day. We ended with a candlelight dinner on the porch and some exquisite star gazing.


We saw the Milky Way dance silver all over the star, pretended we knew where constellations were and awed at the fact that Mars, in the absence of moonlight, actually cast a soft glow of light across the lake.





Maya and Aunti Di.








The girls, chillin' out.






Brevan, off to catch that "really big fish" in the "deep blue sea" that he talked
incessently about ALL afternoon.









A beach littered with people I love!














Angela and Annalise. New favorite photo.




















Maya, being all crazy. My favorite quote of the day was Ange saying, "I'm not sure, but I think Maya might have just eaten a toad." (In case you're worried, she hadn't.)















A sea plane landed before 7 a.m. I think he flew in just to have breakfast with his buddy and then was gone again. How fun!





Reedo (aka superman) jumping off the dock. Just can't resist these dock jumping pictures, especially when a two-year-old is the one jumping.









Emerson snuggling in




yummy food...and beer





















my girls











No comments:

 
Site Meter