In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh...Ella

Here are some more:

"Hey tell the trees to stop dropping their leaves. Tell them it's not fall yet."



"Where was I before I was born?" and then a few days later, "Before I was here, I was with God." Brief contemplation. "But I didn't like it there. I like it better here. I was in the world where spirits are. I was a little tiny spirit or maybe a big, gigantic spirit! Right, Mom?"

And regarding the sun and solar power: "The sun makes lots of things, but not as many things as God. God makes a LOT more things than the sun does."



"I think Fred is trying to tell me to stop taking his Cocoa Pebbles." (As evidenced by him putting out his hand in a "stop" sign on the box of the cereal box-a gift from her grandmother while grocery shopping.) Wheels in brain spin. "I'm just going to turn him around so he can't see me eating them." And she turns the cardboard Fred toward Maya across the table. She cares not if Maya gets busted for eating Fred's Cocoa Pebbles.

"My hair smells like honeydew from that conditioner. I've been meaning to put honeydew in my hair."


After telling her that we couldn't share a spoon because of my cold sore: "Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you about that thing on your lip. Looks like it needs some fresh air."

"The more you tell me not to do it, the more I feel like I have to."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

chuckle... just chuckle!!!

JR said...

An Avery-ism to share... When driving by our neighbor's house that is for sale, we noticed a police car in the driveway. Avery asked what he was doing there, I replied that perhaps he was interested in buying it. Very seriously, he asked "How will he take it home?" Keep sharing the Ella-isms, love them!

 
Site Meter