In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

f-f-f-frigid

I went for a bike ride early the other morning before a day trip to Beals. I was so excited for the rare opportunity to stretch my legs before a day that would include 4 hours of driving and almost 8 hours in a darkened massage studio.

Six to seven was my time slot for an invigorating bike ride. I would watch the sun come up, feel the crisp morning air clean out my lungs...

And freeze my a#% off!

I was so cold that I had to stop twice to rescue my nearly frostbitten hands and put them against my warm abdomen. I had to ride with my sleeves over these same icicle hands, toes frozen, ears numb stumps that were begging for a cozy ear muff, all the while trying to enjoy my freedom ride. I tried to stop thinking about the cold and seriously couldn't.

I wanted to come home and tell Sandi that I was certain it was in the 40s but I knew she would laugh at me.

Toughen up, Carver. Honestly.

I found out later that it had been 37 degrees. Hello fall.

No comments:

 
Site Meter