In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

hilarious insults

Ella asked me if the Tooth Fairy would bring her a note every time she lost a tooth.  I told her I didn't know, but if she wanted one she could let the Tooth Fairy know and maybe she would get one.

"Do you actually have the Tooth Fairy's phone number?"  she asked, incredulous.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed, she told me all about the cookie she had at lunch.  Allow me to back up and say that I had made a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday for the Smith's to go with their you-had-a-baby-and-I-made-a-ton-of-food-for-you lot.  It was my standby recipe from the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook and contained mashed chick peas, oatmeal and some whole wheat as well as white flour.  Seriously, they are kickin' good. I sent one, a significant treat since I only send healthy stuff, in her lunch yesterday.  (If I don't she would eat the cookie, claim fullness and the rest would come home untouched.) She was thrilled.

Then today, she got Friday hot lunch.  Which means...you guessed it.  Chocolate milk.  And pizza (I'm of the belief that school pizza, while not nutritious, is at least not harmful like chicken nuggets. ) Then, a true rarity, thankfully, hot lunch offered chocolate chip cookies today.  (Yes I did see a little girl who only took the chocolate milk, the cookie and the pizza, foregoing the apple, banana and carrots.  Can you guess which of the three she ate first?)

As far as cookie comparison goes, these two cookies were waaaaaay closer in time than was fair for my cookies to come out on top.

And they didn't.

Tonight Ella said things like this to me:  "That cookie for lunch was AWESOME.  It was the BEST cookie I've ever had.  It didn't taste at all like the ones you make.  It definitely came from a box and it was SOOOOO GOOD."

No comments:

 
Site Meter