In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

dress it up

I have an edacious love of salad. 

But I've found that the dressing makes or breaks the salad so I am sharing with you my two favorite new balsamic salad dressings, neither of which I can take any credit for.

First you're going to need some balsamic vinegar.

Creamy Balsamic: 
(this recipe orginated from my friend Mindy's stepmom and came to me in the oral tradition of "put whatever amount of these ingredients in and whisk."  Feel free to do the same- the amounts are approximations because I never measure them.)

1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4-1/3 c. olive oil
1 (6 oz) container of plain greek (I use Chobani) yogurt (the orginal recipe called for mayo and I swapped it out for yogurt)
1/8  c. honey
1-2 gloves garlic pressed
salt and pepper to taste



























The next one can be used as a dressing or a dip depending on the consistency you make it. My friend Ange found it (I think) on a blog and I've been making it ever since.

Tahini Balsamic Dressing:

blend the following ingredients in a blender:
1/2 c. tahini
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2- 1  cloves pressed garlic
1 TBSP tamari
up to 1/2 c water depending on desired consistency



No comments:

 
Site Meter