In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

breaking free

The girls and I go to the park. A lot.



We go alone. We meet people there. We make random friends (which isn't too hard when you have a child like Maya.)



But last week we decided to take someone with us. Meet my friend Scotty.


She is a spunky 80-something whose zest for life has always made me adore her. She has cute little purses, she calls the other ladies in the home where she lives "old biddies", often wears trendy jeans with her orthotic sneakers and says the most outrageous things- for anyone, but especially for a senior citizen.


She hasn't been so well this past year and can no longer drive so I thought she might like to go sit in the sun and listen to some kids laugh. Turns out I was right. It's hard not to have fun at the park.




No comments:

 
Site Meter