In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Full of it

Ella has been absolutely full of witty one liners lately.

Here are a few for you:

"Has it already been 1,000 years since I was a baby?"

"She does look like a princess. Princess Jasmine wears pants." (when Maya had a toy camera tell her she was "as pretty as a princess.")

"Hey guys, I'll be a little late today after school." (to Coconut and Mochy as she fed them - we were giving her new friend a ride home from preschool.)

This from the friend when she climbed into our van: "You are right Ella. Your car is messy." (To which I said, "You know why our car is messy? Because we have kids!" Ella found that funny.)

"You know Momma, things don't talk when you leave the house. I thought they did at one point but now I don't." (in reference to a commercial she saw about a talking toothbrush)

"I could use a little of that!" (regarding the teacher on the cartoon "Clifford the Big Red Dog" saying something about people doing things to feel good about themselves.)

"This dress is for parties that I go to. This one is for parties that I have at my house." (on outfit #3 getting ready for a birthday party)

"Maya did you know that you didn't used to be alive? And before you were, you lived inside Mommy's belly?!"

"I used to live in your belly, Momma, but I didn't like it in there. I was squished by your food but it was okay because sometimes I ate it."

"All of the things in the world make letters and shapes." (as she was watching the world go by out the car window)

And just one from Maya, but a good one: "Chickin' milk!" Translation: chocolate milk.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

i love me some chicken' milk.

thanks for the laugh!

Angela said...

Love it! I have a feeling Maya will become infamous for one liners.

Tell El at least you did not have cupcakes under your seat. Now that would be a messy car :)

Unknown said...

I love "listening" to your babies!

 
Site Meter