In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

heeelllllooo insanity!

I'm not sure I can quite believe it, but have committed myself to run a marathon in May.

As in 26.2 miles just for the fun and challenge and craziness of it.

I am actually incredibly excited but wonder what the catch is. How can one be this excited for something that is sure to be so very difficult, demanding, and blistering?

Emilie made up a training schedule (this is Em at her shining best.) It is 18 weeks and it starts on January 25th.

Swallow.

Starting with a reasonable 6 miles, this schedule climbs with the confidence of a flag being raised, up to an alarming 20 miles in week 15. Another swallow. And a surprising flip in my stomach that this will be me in the beginning of May.

Anyway, the funny part of the story is that I had a dream last night that someone called me up and said, "Hey, there is a marathon this morning at such and such a place. You up for it?" And I said, "Yeah!"

Followed by, "How hard can it be?"

You just keep running right? Even when it gets hard, you just put one foot in front of the other?

I think I might be in for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you will kick ass girl!!!!

 
Site Meter