In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010...the year of...

For me personally, 2010 is the year:

- I join Facebook (accomplished! and it is kind of fun...everyone is right.)

-I run a full Marathon (registered! May 30th in Vermont City, VT)

-I do 5 unassisted pull-ups (I can do 2 1/2 so I've got a ways to go.)

- I finally understand why eating asparagus makes pee smell bad (this one can't be too hard to figure out.)

- I want to take a vacation. A real one where you go someone away from home and people cook for you and you sleep in and read book and stay in bed.

-I will learn how to make brioche (I need a power mixer for that so...)

- I will somehow obtain a Kitchenaide mixer (I think that Martha may have left me one so this one might be in the bag as well.)

-I understand how sanity, joy, fun, rest and challenge are inextricably linked in some delicate balance and I am somewhat in charge of these forces working harmoniously in my life.

I don't know about Sandi. I think Maya's 2010 goals are to push my patience to its limits and beyond, to figure out how to reprogram the computer and to learn Chinese. I believe Ella wants to see how many stores in Bangor DO NOT carry clothing or footwear she likes and to become an even more loving human being.

Here's to a great year!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

bring it, marathon girl. i'm totally going to make a little movie about our training and marathon and we can watch it over and over.

love your list of goals.

Emilie said...

p.s. and by "Vermont City" she means Burlington, just in case you're planning to cheer her (us) on at the finish line.

 
Site Meter