In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Getting her Kix

This is the story as it was told to me. I was not there. I was (blessedly) upstairs sleeping.

Maya started off her morning with a bowl of Kix, eating about half and then rejecting the rest. The bowl of now mushy Kix was sitting on the table a while later when Ella came down to eat breakfast. Maya, seeing Ella have some cereal, decided she wanted her Kix back. However, now they were old and soggy and she rejected them again.

Sandi put the bowl on the floor for Mochy the dog to eat.

Maya was not pleased with this move.

She scurried across the floor, spoon in hand, and plopped down next to Mochy and began a full out competition. Now, while Mochy is only 10 pounds, she is a champion speed eater and has mastered the fine art of swallowing without chewing. Maya began to spoon mushy Kix into her mouth whilst Mochy was inhaling for all she was worth. Alas, though, Mochy was too fast for Maya who got frustrated with the little dog's speed. She dropped the spoon and began shoveling the Kix into her mouth by the fistful.

Now... as the mom who was asleep and heard this secondhand, I would by lying if I didn't say that I was somewhat concerned by the fact that our 19-month-old and our dog were sharing a bowl of cereal on the floor. But, then again, who am I to judge?

No comments:

 
Site Meter