In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's there to worry about?

Have you ever wondered what little kids have nightmares about? Just what it is that makes them wake out of slumber with crying and writhing?

Well, I'm here to tell you that we now know.

Maya has had three "nightmares" in the past week where she is crying and fighting and speaking out.

The first one was about oranges. "My clemy-tines! MY clemy-tines!" she was yelling.

The second was about lollipops. "I want my ladypop! My ladypop!" (Sandi plunked her pacifier into her mouth-yes, she still uses it for sleeping- and somehow she believed it. Maybe they taste like tootsie pops and that is why she can't let it go.)

The third, early this morning, was about Ella. Specifically fighting with her. "Ella, those my boots! Ella has my boots!"

So this ultra-high tech sponge-like brain of her is thinking about two basic things while she sleeps: fighting and protecting her stuff..

And while she is awake I have even heard her say, "Maya NO!" to herself.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is ridiculously adorable and sad at the same time. :)

xoxoxo

 
Site Meter