In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

Sandi's hotline

No, not a 1-900 number.

Sandi, overtired and overwhelmed at work the other day, was nearing the end of a long shift in the ICU when the phone rang. She answered it, naturally. It was an outside call (meaning not from other hospital staff.) Now imagine who might be calling ICU. Yes, you guessed it- a family member of a critical patient. Sandi, in all her professionalism and summoning every available neuron for this not-so-challenging task, answers the call. And this is what comes out.

"ICU, this is Sandi, can you help me?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Many years ago a co-worker of mine answered the phone (after having placed them on hold) stating "Thanks for helping, can I hold you?"!
Exhaustion does interesting things to our minds... I wish you some restful sleep Sandi.
So glad to read a new blog, was beginning to have withdrawals!!!
; ) Jeannine

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
Site Meter