In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Caffeine and Crocuses

The first crocuses are blooming!! They are a gorgeous deep purple and they take my breath away. I showed Ella and she was equally as excited- so much that she had her baby doll smell them and then ran over to me only to scoot back after she realized she hadn't smelled them herself.


Maya has had a stretch of days of waking for the day at 4:30 a.m. Sandi is beyond exhausted with her long days and nighttime feedings (yes, after 3 consecutive nights of sleeping all night, Maya has resorted to 1-2 times a night again- we are hoping for a turnaround soon.). I have been working out with Trish doing this hardcore 6 day per week, 75-90 minute a day exercise program (for anyone who has seen the infomercial it's P90X.) Likely, you won't even recognize me when you see because I'll be so fit.
Caffeine has been a necessary part of my day. Today I got my first iced coffee of the season! It is a strange story, actually. I don't like coffee. I tell people I don't drink coffee. But I love iced coffee. Really I like milk with coffee flavor and plenty of sweet. Anyway, the girls and I were out with the sunroof open, sippin' some iced coffee and apple juice in a sippy cup, and playground hopping. We also flew Ella's kite yesterday (which she has been asking to do once a week since Christmas) and there are no photos of that because I was managing Maya in the bjorn, Mochy on the leash and the kite. The wind was so strong that it snapped the flimsy string but we had so much fun. I love spring!



Ella and Sklyer- what buddies!

Sklyer loved climbing on everything. She informed me the rope climb wasn't for Ella. "She would be too scared," she told me. She's right. But Ella doesn't mind that Skyler will be ready to mount Kilamanjaro next week. She was happy on the slide.


Maya has been eating lots of new foods. This is her introduction to prunes. She actually liked it but it was nearing bedtime and she tends to unravel. Ella thought it was chocolate and had to have a taste. Can you imagine the disappointment?

2 comments:

When Two Becomes Five said...

Neither of our kids ever liked prunes... I could only imagine Ella's disappointment...how crushing indeed! Prunes definitely do not equal chocolate at all! And could you imagine spooning chocolate into your baby's mouth.

Unknown said...

i love flying kites! it has been so long. sounds like it could be an adventure on one of my days off. we'll talk.
maria

 
Site Meter