In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bring on the blonde jokes

My hair is fixed!! Hooray for me. Ella says, "Momma, your hair is light again!" I am soooo relieved and I got a great new haircut to match. I didn't actually take any pictures of the brunette Suzanne so, other than cataloging it here, I will likely erase it from my memory.By the way, thanks for the stories. They made me laugh.

I'm sure you've missed them so I've collected some of Ella's latest funnies:

"Momma, what restaurant is that?"
"Chili's."
"It must be cold in there."

The mailman delivered a replacement piece for Ella's train set. She says to me later that night, "I like the mailman. He is a good toy bringer."

Ella was telling Tia about how her toe nails are painted pink. She says, "They used to be purple but I wanted pink and the Easter bunny brought it for me. The Easter bunny knows just what a I like." Yes, he and Santa are in constant communication.

Ella was helping me with the laundry last night and here is her perspective (which I should try adopting): "Look at all the bubbles!" "It's like a water fountain in here!" "Doing laundry is fun!"

Ella tries to play Red Light, Green Light with Mochy. Needless to say, Mochy doesn't always play by the rules and Ella will come to us and complain, "I'm trying to play with her but she won't stop when I say red light." Poor Mochy.

Despite some disagreement between her moms, Ella finds herself in the position of needing to work a bit harder for things she loves. Specifically, because of the regression of Ella pooping in her pants, we (I) have instituted a reward system for when she does. The reward? TV. Yep, hard core, I know. I am SO tired of cleaning it up. I thought for sure this would be a one day thing because Ella loves TV (much to my dismay sometimes) but we are on day three with nothing too promising on the horizon. She asked for a pull-up today. She is 3 1/2. This is about control not about physical ability, right???

3 comments:

When Two Becomes Five said...

Love the funnies! About the poop issue... it's totally control... well it is for Lainey. Some weeks she does great, other days she wants to be independent and sit in the bathroom reading a book by herself to get the job done, other days she does a little in her pants and then the rest after we catch her in the act! Very challenging! You should email me so we can get together sometime soon (chelle.thai@gmail.com). I'm happy to get out and come to you or you can come here. Whichever works best.

Unknown said...

How happy would Miss Ella be if she had to be involved in the clean up process? Yucky yes, but it is for you too... maybe if she experienced that it might have some effect on her???
You're right though, it is about ability and control, both of which she obviously has as she's proved to you. My guess is that she's just too busy to deal with it but at 3 1/2 it's time. Patience. It will happen, probably not soon enough to suit you but it will happen. Just think, you'll get to re-live this again in a couple of years or so!
OK, I admit I could have spared that little tidbit of reality ; )

Emilie said...

can't wait to see you new hair... but for everyone's information, suzanne looked cute as a brunette.

sorry about the poop. (yes, that's the best I can do).

 
Site Meter