In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

decadence

Story: We went to a lesbian moms potluck this weekend. (As someone said regarding this get together: "Wow, I bet lesbian moms make great food!") I saw this as an opportunity to make the sort of extravagent dessert (that would be very unwise to make for my family and have sitting on the counter speaking to me at 1 am about my need to consume more dark chocolate ganache) and utilize my new favorite cook book "Pure Chocolate" by Fran Bigelow. This book spares no calorie, nor spare second. This was a cake that literally had 6 separate steps over 2 days and took skills I didn't previously possess.

Luckily Sandi came and helped with the tricky timing and decorating of the finished top of the cake, a step that had me sweating.

And ta da! Behold blanc et noir:



No comments:

 
Site Meter