In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

life...figured out

Some things we've figured out:

Ella has mastered the very important life skill of blowing on a skeletal dandelion to make it snow in the air.

Maya has determined that in addition to hitting other people when she is angry, it is simply closer and thus more efficient for her to strike herself.

I have learned that the only way to cure the lawn of a really bad looking hair cut is the tried and true weed wack. And that Marden's is the cheapest place to buy mulch. And that the only downside to gardening each night until dark is that you can't really admire your work, although it makes waking up at 5 a.m. all the more rewarding.

I now understand the power of chocolate pudding frozen into a popsicle mold, really good sunscreen, the need to have permission to change clothes several times a day and the merit of fresh, organic veggies from Ella's preschool friend's family until the farm share begins in a couple of weeks.

I also know now that it could be considered a sign of progress that I am not always sure the last time that I showered.

Sandi has figured out that she loves to ride her bike to work. If you see strobe lights up ahead before 6 a.m. or close to 8 p.m. on the Main Rd. it's likely her.

I have decided that it makes me ridiculously happy to beautify my little corner of the world.

Ella has learned some new ways of determining things- specifically psychic connection. At lunch today she said to me, "My spirit tells me that that is not a good idea."

No comments:

 
Site Meter