In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

On his way...

Right now my sister is in Thayer hospital in Waterville in labor.

Right now.

I am here on this rainy, relatively yucky, Sunday trying to keep my girls happy. Making lunch, folding laundry, cleaning up. She's working on birthing her baby. Doesn't quite seem right.

I feel entirely powerless. I can't very well pace the halls of the hospital with the girls in tow (although I do plan to pack them up and go when the birth is imminent.) And it's not as though I would have a whole bunch more power to help her even if I was on the premise, wringing my hands and waiting to hold my new nephew.

It's just weird that I am doing nothing and she is doing everything- the grand event, the greatest gesture, the biggest thing most women do in one single act.

Her labor has started and stopped and she has had trouble progressing. So they broke her water in hopes that would kick it into gear. There is no going back now. He is on his way.

And I am waiting for the call that there is SOMETHING I can do to be helpful or constructive. Good luck Kathryn. I love you.

No comments:

 
Site Meter