In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movies

We don't see a lot of these. If we do, it takes us two to three nights to get through them (you know, Netlix.)

However, in some fluke on the time/space continuum, we have seen TWO really good ones lately that warrant a small write-up.

First, on our vacation, we got to go out and see the "Sex and the City" movie. On the way there, we mused that we had probably only been to the movies ONCE since Ella was born. I don't even remember what we saw but I vaguely remember being in the dark and waiting for it to start. I'm thinking one of the Harry Potter's. We watched all six seasons of Sex and the City and I was super excited to see the movie. It did not disappoint. It was funny, sexy, surprising, dramatic and really very moving. For anyone who has hung out with those 4 crazy women for six years, you'll know what I mean when I say it was good to see them again! Thanks Maria and Jeanine for watching the girls for us.

Secondly, slow-comers that we are to most current things, we finally watched "Little Miss Sunshine." I think this movie made the Oscar round quite a few years ago. Some people had told me it was funny, some had said it was dark, others (my mother I think) said it was wholly dysfunctional. We absolutely loved it. It is all of those things, but the funny wins them all. Nothing is funnier than real life being real. Do you know? If you haven't seen this wacky movie about a crazy family who goes on a life-altering trip for their very ordinary looking, but very extraordinary daughter to go to a beauty pageant, go rent it NOW!

Okay, that's it for my movie reviews for at least another year.

No comments:

 
Site Meter