In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wouldn't it be nice if...

I have been playing this "game" in my head lately to improve my mental outlook. It usually makes me feel significantly better to project some positivity into my future.


Wouldn't it be nice if I could get all the bills paid, the laundry done, the dishes in the dishwasher and eat lunch before the girls wake up?

Wouldn't it me nice if Ella decided to release excrement in the toilet instead of in her pants?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Chase credit card site would send me my new activation code for their website in time to pay my bill online?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a patient and fun afternoon with the girls?

Wouldn't it be nice if Sandi could get a good night sleep tonight?

Wouldn't it be nice if I could get a good night sleep tonight?

Wouldn't it be nice for Maya to sleep so that we can achieve the above two items?

Wouldn't it be nice if more than four people commented on this blog so I would know people are
actual reading any of this?

Wouldn't it be nice if Sandi would actually show me how to put photos on the blog so I could do more than just bore you with text?

Wouldn't it be nice if the trash got to the dump?


Wouldn't it be nice if, when I finally sit down on the couch in the evening, neither that cat or the dog need to drap themselves on me and demand some of me, all of which has been given to the girls all day long?

Wouldn't it be nice if my house was really, really clean and could stay that way for more than 24 hours?


And, in appreciation of actual manifestation...

Isn't it nice that Mindy offered to get me the cannellini beans I forgot during my marathon grocery store trip this morning and that I need for a recipe?

Isn't it lovely that Ella has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours?

Isn't it wonderful that even though my plans for a play date fell through for this afternoon, Trish is going to come over and for pizza - paid for with a coupon she won at a basketball game?

Isn't it nice that (even though last night was atrocious) Sandi slept a seven hour stretch the other night?

Isn't is so nice that Sandi's co-workers threw a baby shower for us and gave us all kinds of adorable outfits and things for Maya (and a hula-hoop for Ella which she forgot at Skyler's and we had to make an emergency trip back last night to retrieve it)?

Isn't it so great that we have a thing going with Emilie to do dinner and bath time with our kids once a week while Sandi is at work? (And last night Sandi got to come unexpectedly because she took call all day yesterday and spent the day with us.) And wouldn't it be nice if one of these times when we leave, neither of the girls is crying?

Isn't it nice that Mochy wants to lay out on the thawing lawn to enjoy the early spring (I'm going to call it that) sunshine? And isn't it great that she keeps the delivery men on their toes when she takes off down the driveway barking ferociously at them?

Isn't it cool that Ella is doing math adding and subtracting her fingers, household objects, chocolate chips and jelly beans?

Isn't it great that Maya has been going to bed in her crib? And won't it be nice when she stays asleep in it?

Isn't it great that I have so many wonderful friends and family and that this weekend we are going to have a small party to celebrate our adoption? (Yes, it is!) And isn't it great that there will be champagne? (Yes, it is!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well miss Suzanne, in keeping with the spirit of being one of the four (or so) loyal subscribers/commenters to this blog.... I'll chime in to tell you that once again you have entertained me, even without pictures!
Love, J

Unknown said...

would't it be nice if i were going to the adoption party. well i am!! can't wait to see you all.
and remember suzanne, that ella has gone from pooping in the driveway to her pants. i see that as progress.
love ya
maria

 
Site Meter