In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

How do we dare?

We went to the spring fair at the Bangor Auditorium on Saturday with Emilie, Skyler and Reed and Charissa and Emerson. Amazing what a fun Saturday looks like now- a rockin' time at the kiddie carnival and a somewhat frantic- hope the kids don't melt down before their naps- lunch at, you guessed it, Bugaboo Creek.


As we were leaving the restaurant, the tears were flying (some kids- not the moms, we held it together really well) and Emilie said, "How do we even dare to leave the house with them? How are we not kept in a padded cell?" We chuckled. We laughed. We tee-heed. And then I got to thinking... how do we dare? My mom often says this to me when she goes out with the girls and I. "How do you do this when you are alone?" I just do. There was Emilie with Reed strapped to her back chasing after Sklyer, Charissa trying to decipher which rides Emerson could go on without launching himself off into a future head injury, and Sandi and I tag teaming our girls through the maze of people, strollers, carnies and rides.

So why do we do it? Just look at the pictures... (most are blurry because I inadvertently switched a setting on the camera that makes Sandi want to throttle me.)




The teacups.

I was having fun. Maya was contemplating jumping ship and wondering
about the future state of her spine.


Sandi was the designated slide goer-downer. Emilie and I had kids strapped to us and Charissa was nervous about getting ill (which was funny, but we didn't make fun of her. She complains that she if often the butt of the joke but she doesn't realize, even though I keep telling her, this is a huge compliment.)


A picture is worth 1,000 words!

The Moms packing babies.






Reed was fairly self-sufficient.







And then we all went home to sleep. Or at least the kids did...


1 comment:

When Two Becomes Five said...

Vi wonders how I got out with the girls on my own. And it is you just do it. Especially if you're the type that gets too stir crazy being cooped up in a house all day. There is usually only so much you can do to keep everyone occupied and happy! He says he'd never dare do it himself!

 
Site Meter