In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back to Form

The quarantine is over. Life is back to normal. Well, as normal as it can be when 1,000 feet of snow fall outside your door, followed by 2,000 feet of rain. At least it looks like I won't have to snowblow.

Maya has started to laugh. Oh, my goodness. It is what I imagine it sounds like when an angel gets her wings. We all find ourselves acting in the most assanine manner to try to get her to do it. We are a sight to behold for sure.

Ella notices, and comments, on everything these days. There is no pulling the hypothetical wool over her eyes. Yesterday, Sandi and I went out to look at real estate properties to invest in and we had Olivia babysit for Ella. I told Ella the day before. "It'll be fun," I told her. "No," she said. "It will be fun for you."

I was putting her to bed last night and she suddenly exclaimed, "Oh, no! I forgot to finish putting the computer together!" (Sandi was downstairs working on setting up the new computer.)

And, perhaps my favorite: Ella was on the toilet and, suffice it to say she needed a few minutes, so I went into the kitchen. Sandi called me into the living room and I said to her, "I told Ella I would come right back into the bathroom." Which I did. Then Ella says to me, "Mommy asked you to go to her but you come to me first." Oh, great- I think we have a diva on our hands.

Ella made me some pretend Lemonade Chocolate Peanut Butter soup today. Look out for this one folks. I think when it hits the market it will be HUGE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss Ella almost never fails to give me a laugh! What a clever child....
Glad you all made it through the flu from (I guess we probably all know where)! Sounds like it was a taxing event to say the least.
REALLY must connect soon!
Love,
J & M

 
Site Meter