In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

no one can say we don't have a sense of humor

There has been a bit of a running joke with the Carvers about me getting my picture on the mantle.

In all fairness to me, I was under the illusion that this was a possibility and the right picture just hadn't come along yet.

Turns out there is some sort of bloodline connection required for said mantle photo display. But that hasn't stopped me from pushing and prodding and teasing and harrassing.

I told them I would get a glamour shot done so that I could be of the same caliber as the three professional pictures of their three girls (complete with fist under the chin poses, feather boas and serious bling around the neck.)

What's a girl to do? They left me no choice.

So Sandi and I got busy.

I borrowed Ella's pink boa.


And just for fun, the pink, furry ear muffs.


I practiced my best serious look. One I have not at all perfected.

A little over the shoulder gazing...


Maya gave it a try...












And, voila! Final product. All photoshopped up. No wrinkles. No bags. Pure glamour. Perfect Christmas practical joke.



4 comments:

Emilie said...

that picture better be on the mantle.

good work, girls! :)

your hair actually looks cute like that!

Charissa said...

that is the funniest thing i have ever seen! I am laughing my ass off. good work, I hope you made the cut

Elissa said...

I really hope they allowed that picture to be on the mantle! It surely looked like lots of fun!

The Smith Family said...

We don't have a mantle, but I plan on building one now, just so I can put that picture on it.

ps - that would also make a great profile shot for your Facebook page ...

 
Site Meter