In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

ouch!

Yesterday I left the grocery store and went to the van and noticed the rear wiper was bent in an unnatural direction, snapped like a child's arm needing a cast.

I also noticed that our No on 1 sticker was partially ripped off.

I blamed both on the blizzard we just had.

Until Sandi said snow wouldn't do that to a wiper and I realized I had used it on my way to the store.

Oh, boy.

Someone, in a sad state of living with hate in their heart, saw fit to deface our sticker and break our wiper. I know this wasn't committed against a person but it feels an awful lot like a hate crime.

We tossed it around for a while, feeling a bit violated and attacked and wanting to have a new perspective so we didn't let it get us down.

We realized how lucky we are to live the life we live. How much nicer it is to live with love than with hate. How no one who does those things can be living a very happy existence. How we get to home and love each other and our family and no one can ever take that from us.

And then Sandi snapped it back into place and it works. Victory is ours.

1 comment:

When Two Becomes Five said...

So sorry someone felt the need to do that. So hateful.

 
Site Meter