In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

intervention?

I'm not sure if I am on my way to needing an intervention.

People have strange ways of coping, this I realize. Currently I am spreading my coping skills out over running (my old standby) and cooking. The running isn't out of control. I am legitimately preparing for a half marathon in a couple of weeks.

The cooking, however...

It is raining today and all plans are cancelled because Ella is feverish and doesn't feel well. Sandi is at work. It is raining.

And we are cooking.

I told Sandi not to be surprised if she comes home to cakes and pies piled high in the kitchen.

I have appointed myself spirit coach for Emilie's San Francisco marathon which she will be completing this Sunday and for some reason I feel the need to feed her. A lot. Perhaps I am fearful she wither up with lack of solid stores on board or maybe I am just funneling my need to cook toward her without it seeming too weird.

Either way...I told Ella we would be cooking today. "Like all day?" "Yep, all day long." "We are going to cook all day?" "Yes, we are going to do little else except cook." "You're joking, aren't you?" with a little fear.

There are worse things, no? What harm is a little flour, sugar, butter and maybe some chocolate going to do to the world?

No comments:

 
Site Meter