In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Camp Winniauguamauk

Camp Winniauguamauk is a really splendid place set on a quiet lake and is owned and run by the Community of Christ Church which most of the members of Sandi's family belong to. It is a wonderful place where kids go and thrive in a community of love and friendship, good food, unabashed fun, lots of sugar and singing all tossed together with some open-minded religious teaching. But a big deal this year... Trish is now the youth minister for the New England area and she was the director of a couple of week long camps this year, including the one that we went to last week. This camp was for kids grade 3-5 who are so cute and yummy you could put a dollop of whipped cream on them and eat them with a spoon.

Needless to say, even with the rain and then the (blessed) sun, our girls had a fabulous time...



Ella and Tia, walking hand in hand...









Maya, doing some recreational climbing...




The cutest part of all- Ella made a friend. They seriously sat over lunch and discussed dresses...





Maya chumming with her peeps



Tia, jumping off the float. I think this was called the "Inner You" jump or something like that










But here is the big kahuna...the water slide...



I had to convince Ella to go down it with me, but once I did there was no stopping her...




Except when she needed a little push...





















Allow me to note huge progress... I have actually, without force or coercion, posting pictures of myself in a bathing suit...

We'll be back next year for more fun. We hadn't been to camp in 8 years, when Sandi and I were counselors at high school camp. I forgot how much I love to live in a loving, insulated little community. I could totally live in a commune.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!
Suzanne, before I got to your comment about the bathing suit I was thinking "Good for her" and that you probably wouldn't have considered having the pictures of you in it on here a while ago... You GO girl!!!
Hugs ~ J
see you thurs!

 
Site Meter