In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Power Spring

Those summer temps have fast forwarded a lazy spring into full flying fashion. I went from, yea the buds of bulbs are poking through to, wow, time to mow the grass.

I have seen a bald eagle, and often more than one, nearly every day for the past week. I never see eagles. I feel that they are a good omen, and in Native American medicine they mean Spirit which translates into freedom, perspective above the mundane parts of life in order to see the bigger spiritual picture, the power to recognize strife as a test for the soul and to gather the courage and insight to broaden one's self.

I'll take some of that, thank you very much.

It feels ridiculous, even to me, to write this, but I just ran 11 miles. And I loved it. When it would get hard I would smile and remind myself that there was no where else I would rather be than in the sunshine pushing my body to the max. I figure if my body can work this hard, then surely my heart can too.

And since Ella was at school there was no one to criticize my sweatiness when I returned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are unbelievable girl... I can't imaging liking to run 1 mile, let alone 11. While I know you have to work up to said distance, still can't imagine ever getting there! I imagine this must be great therapy for you, as well as exercise... you and the eagles, out there running freeeeeee!
Love u, J

 
Site Meter