In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

P.S. I. Love. You.

Ella loves to snuggle- when she is tired, when she is lonely, when she gets hurt, when she goes to sleep, or just because. Who can blame her?

Her more recently acquired four-year-old expression of emotion (especially love), in conjunction with her super snugly sleepy bedtime self, has made putting her to bed and exercise in building my self-esteem.

For instance, the other night...

Me: Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you so much.
Ella: Goodnight, Momma. I love you so much too.

Hugs, kisses and more hugs.

Ella: Momma, you love me always- even if I poop or pee in my pants, even if you are angry with me or I am angry with you, right?

Me: That is right, honey. There is nothing you could do that would make me stop loving you.

Ella: Is there anything I could do to make you love me more?

Me: Nope. Except that I love you more and more everyday. Not because of anything you do, but just because I keep loving you more all the time.

Ella: (big grin I can hear in the dark) I love you all the time too, Mom.

Me: Okay, goodnight then, baby.

Ella: Momma? I will tell you goodnight and I love you every single night. But if I forget sometimes, is that okay?

Me: Of course.

Ella: Okay.

Me: Goodnight, love. I love you so much.

Ella: Goodnight, Momma. I have a wedgie.
 
Site Meter