In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

first steps, second words and deep thoughts

Maya walks now. Sorry to not have told anyone. It's super cute.

She waited until she could climb, scratch, bite and jimmy her way to the top of anything and then she decided, at her 15 month mark (and exactly on pace with her Mommy) to walk - a mere 2 months after she took her first actual steps.

She also says "Ma-ma" (utilized equally for Sandi and I) and this morning debuted word # 2- "uh-oh." Now, I cannot help but chuckle at the irony of that...

Ella has been all about the nose lately- the picking, the thinking about it and the idea of what it contains. My apologies but these must be noted. Here goes:

Regarding not playing at Skyler's because she was sick: "Well... maybe if Skyler doesn't pick her nose while I am there she won't share her germs with me. Kind of like how I only pick my nose at home."

Noting the presence of broccoli at the tip of Maya's nostril, "Oh, yuck! There are boogers in there!" (And she would know.)

Today at lunch with Sandi at the hospital:

Me: Ella, please take your finger out of your nose.
Ella: But there are crusties. Momma will you pick it for me?
I decline. "Mommy, will you pick it for me?" Another refusal.
And then once we are in the car, with a hint of exasperation, "Can I please pick my nose now?!"

If anyone remembers from last year how I had to enter a year's worth of our check book into Quick Books for our taxes, you will be impressed to know that I finished all of 2008 before the end of January of 2009. Okay, well if you're not impressed than I will be for you.

And lastly, if any of you have heard me talk about our godson, Reed Manhart, dive into a pool and swim underwater, you must go to Emilie's blog and see for yourself. It is hysterical. And this little swimmer will only just be turning 2 tomorrow! This brief documentary is proof that the Manharts do in fact have tadpole genes in them somewhere. Go to
www.manhartfamily.blogspot.com and if you scroll down a little you will even see some pictures of my very adventurous and daring girls night out and a slight modification I made to my body...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I was a Mom who was obsessed at keeping the crusties - or anything that resembled such, out of my kids noses! They always seemed to know when I was coming after them and would contort themselves into any kind of position so as to avoid whatever means I was going to use for extraction... Yuck, I know - I'm thinking me and Ella could be good buds in that department!
Congrats on the tax preparation! I'm thinking the thought of your whole process would sit like a rock in the pit of my stomach, weighting my down with dread. Good for you!
Hoping that days are sunnier in the Carver abode....
Love, J

 
Site Meter