In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

girls...squared

Despite the recent ups and downs of our household, I must admit that I often believe there is a slight advantage to the two-girls-head-of-household model. No toilet seats left up, no roaming testosterone, no Monday night football (usually), no feeling of gender disparity. Then, conversely, you've got the empathy, the good communication, the bonus second wardrobe, the tandem hair color appointments, the shared love of a good chick flick, the easy decorating decisions, the love of a good cuddle, and the each-parent-able-to-give-birth extra credit.

Now, apparently I'm not the only one that thinks this. My only niece told her mom the other day, "I want to be like Aunt Suzanne when I grow up." Now this rocked my world because I think Michaela is pretty much as awesome as it gets and to think she might think the same of me was the best compliment ever. But it gets better. "Yep," she says, "when I grow up, I'm going to have a girl move in with me, too."

Okay, she was kidding. Please don't call the Christian Civic League...

No comments:

 
Site Meter