In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

help a girl get to mexico

My dear friend  Emilie is a gutsy woman who sometimes lives a quiet life of adventure as an English teacher, marathoner, blogger, magazine editor and mom of two.  On other days, however, she chases down adventure, snags it with a lasso and rides off on it for the day, or even the weekend, always returning by Sunday night.

This time, though, she has her sights set on Mexico.  Not for a measly afternoon or overnighter, but for an entire week.  To a Las Olas Surf Safari for women! 

Not only is that probably the coolest thing any of my mom friends have done, but she is on the verge of getting if for free!

I mean, c'mon!

The thing is, she needs your help.  She wrote an essay- you know the usual "this is why I deserve to go to surf camp"- and was chosen to be the one of ten finalists.  The finalists and their essays are up on the Las Olas website and now it's up to you America! (or at least the 10 American's that read this blog!)

In truth, you don't have to be from America to vote.  I was simply going for the American Idol pep talk.

Pretty please vote for Emilie (one vote per email address) at  http://surflasolas.com/NOMINEES2012/. Just scroll down and click on her name to generate an email.  If this doesn't work you can send an email to scholarship@surflasolas.com with "I vote for Emilie" as the subject line.

Thank you for your help!  Voting ends in a week and then she will find out!

(I'm not sure there are enough exclamation points in this post!)

1 comment:

Emilie said...

well thank you thank you thank you! I love that line about snagging adventure with a lasso! I may have to use that one. You're the best!

 
Site Meter