In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

despite the wet

It is REALLY hard not complain about the weather.

I mean, it was supposed to be 63 and partly sunny yesterday and it was cloudy, windy and 49. We haven't seen the sun in EIGHT days.

Yet, this crummy weather (headline on weather.com "NORTHEAST SKIPS SPRING!") has proven to me just how damn resilient Mainers are.  I see people out running, riding their bikes, walking their dogs, mowing their lawns when there is a 12 hour break in the rain and even wearing shorts and flip-flops. 

You've gotta love a hardy Mainer.

On Saturday Mindy and Charissa, in a supreme act of mercy that they claim was fun for them, took our girls for 4 hours!!  (But who is counting?)  Sandi is on a 4 day stretch and this time alone was simply heaven.  (Not to be confused with Rapture.) 

It sprinkled.  I did not care.  The grubs are still eating my lawn and I could not yet plant grass seed.  I did not care. 

Mindy asked me if I was going to do anything special with my time.

I told her I had a date with my garden.




No comments:

 
Site Meter