In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just to relive for a moment...

These are some of the other pictures we took during our lovely Bar Harbor get-away in August. It makes me happy and makes me ache a little to look at them. We had so much fun, felt so unencumbered and so FREE. Plus, I really, really love Bar Harbor.

Lucky for us we are going there on Saturday. We are going in honor of our godson, Reed Manhart's, baby blessing at Jordon Pond. I think we are really going but I have to tell you, it will be a miracle if we really do.

This blessing has been rescheduled (since this time last year) approximately 42 times. I told Emilie if they had to change it again to not even bother calling to tell us. We would just go anyway. Hopefully my incredibly poetic words of wisdom that I wrote for the last blessing date sometime in August will sound just as profound as they did to me then. Otherwise, I'll be looking at editing (see what you've done to me, Emilie?)

Seriously, though, I can't wait to go. To celebrate this beautiful boy, to share a special moment between our two families, to have brunch at the Jordon Pond House and, maybe if we medicate Maya, to put her in the buggy for a bike ride on the carriage trails. Gonna have to lessen my expectations from the trip pictured below, though...



Perspective.





Consulting the map, not because we were lost but I kind of have a thing about maps.
I ADORE them.

Part way up the enchanted Day Mountain.




Almost back to the car, sitting by Hadlock Pond taking in every second, not wanting it to end.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Brady will be so happy at the new pics! He was looking at your blog yesterday and he clicked on the other pic of you two from the same day and I said to him that you put that pic up just for him and he remarked - "I know Mom, you already tell me that two times"

 
Site Meter