In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Best Day

Started out looking at this.... not bad.

My girls at the top of Chick Hill.



Ella venturing out on her own... and rushing back.

Hold the phone! Two entries in one day for this chiclet is a bit more than I can handle. But, alas, I will pull it off. If anyone read the previous entry, you know I had the day on-call from work, so it was basicly a freeby in the way of days off. We planned a trip up Little Chick Hill with the girls and it was fantastic.

I took my cell and a pair of scrubs should I get a call and off we went. This would be one of our first attempts at hiking with two little ones, as Ella has always ridden in the Kelty Kid Pack. She's finally at a point where hiking is possible all on her own. Maya has inherited the Pack. Suzanne and I took turns carrying Maya on our backs and Ella, being the big girl she is, hiked nearly all the way to the top. The rest of the way, Suz and I took turns with Ella on our shoulders. When we got to the top and sat to have refreshments, Ella began commenting on the beauty around us... "look how beautiful the sky is,..." "look at that cloud,..." "isn't it lovely up here?" I was filled with that welling up, tearful kind-of pride. I know Suzanne and I say these things, but I'm still proud even if it's modeled behavior.




Then, to top the day off, it gets even better. Not better than her appreciation of nature, but the day was filled with even more Mom-being-proud-kind-of-moments....






Do you see it????






Look a little closer....


My Nike girl. I can't relay the pure excitement and joy when I came out of the dressing room today and saw the Nike Swoosh on her feet.... those of you Nike fans might have some idea the intense love I have for what may seem like simply a brand name. To those of you who get it, thank you. The rest can enjoy the pictures.

Mmmmmmmmm... a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the slide shows and the new pics! I don't know why I'm not surprised that princess Ella chose to wear a sundress out on a hike!!! She is a lady thru and thru!! Sandi, so glad for you that there can be pink Nike footwear that can compliment said sundress!
Love, J

 
Site Meter