In the kitchen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My country 'tis of thee..

I have been on a roller coaster of emotion since last Tuesday's glorious victory (an official landslide?) of Barack Obama and Joe Biden. But thrown in there with weepy joy, excitement about revolutionary change and a general disgust that we wait until January 20th for inauguration, there was a feeling I could not identify.

Perhaps because I had, sadly, never felt it before.

Patriotic. Love for my country. Could even hang from my house or proudly wave an American flag. Wow. Even after 9/11 I felt awful about what had occurred, haunted by it, but I felt that we just continued to act in a conceited, short-sited manner. Last week I heard the current "president" finish a speech with "God bless the greatest nation in the world."

Huh? And we wonder why people despise us. I think we've taken the whole super power thing a bit too far...

No comments:

 
Site Meter